In early 1900, a Missouri man, A.D. Callison, saw an attractive economic opportunity in Northwest Arkansas and he began in invest in funeral service in the area. He and Mr. Nix opened the Nix-Callison Funeral Service in a paint and wallpaper store in downtown Springdale in September of 1915.
When Mr. Nix died, Mr. Riggs became associated with the firm under the name Callison – Riggs Funeral Service. In 1934, the business moved to a large home at the corner of Shiloh and West Emma Avenue. When Mr. Riggs moved to Fayetteville in 1940, Maurice Russell joined the firm which became Callison – Russell. Quality service continued through these years of changes in personnel.
In 1947 a young native of this area who was trained in Mortician school in Chicago, Gilbert P. Sisco, was hired. In 1949, he became associated with the firm and the name became Callison-Sisco, which was used until 1967.
After 33 years of operation from the same location, one of the most modern buildings in the funeral service profession in Arkansas, at that time, was constructed at 705 W. Meadow Street. Formal dedication and entrance were held May 12, 1967, and the name for the first time became Sisco Funeral Chapel.
The business was acquired by Charles C. Farmer in late 1974 and continued to offer superior service with additional advantages of pre-arrangement and a company owned life insurance product. The opening of these avenues of service is beneficial to help meet rising costs associated with the funeral industry.
On January 1, 2000 Charles C Farmer sold Sisco Funeral Chapel to his son, Charles D. Farmer. He will continue to same pursuit of excellence in providing high quality funeral services that people of Northwest Arkansas have become accustomed to.
The aim of the staff and management will always be to build and protect the reputation earned by Sisco Funeral Chapel, Inc. We at Sisco Funeral Chapel feel a great sense of pride in belonging to an organization that provides the finest possible services to the people of Northwest Arkansas.